Dengie Fresh Bed for Chickens is a chopped straw bedding with pine oil added for its natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Developed in association with the British Hen Welfare Trust, Fresh Bed is designed to keep your hens feeling warm and cosy.
- Chopped, dust extracted straw bedding ideal for ex-commercial hens in particular
- Includes pine oil a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent
- Easy disposal as will compost much quicker than shavings and wood pellets and produces great compost for your veggies!
- Available in big value 100 litres and easy to handle 50 litre bales
- The 100 ltr bale will last 5 hens about 4 weeks, and the 50 ltr will last 2 weeks
- Suitable for other poultry such as ducks, geese and pheasants
Please note this product is not suitable for rabbits, guinea pigs or other small furries
Supporting the British Hen Welfare Trust
As part of its commitment to supporting the British Hen Welfare Trust, Dengie will donate £1,000 to the charity, raised through sales of Fresh Bed for Chickens over the next year.
“We are very pleased to be working in partnership with Dengie and to have been involved in the early stages of this project”, said Poppy Melchior, of the British Hen Welfare Trust. “We are delighted that some of the proceeds from sales will help towards our work in re-homing commercial laying hens.” For more information, visit the British Hen Welfare Trust.
Fresh Bed for Chickens is available to purchase through the British Hen Welfare Trust website